Development of a web-based management application to improve the enrollment, authentication system, monitor and evaluate the community-based health insurance scheme (CBHI) project and develop an m-Health Application for plan health client satisfaction survey through a participatory process.
- Date : November 2013 – April 2014
- Categories : Enterprise Application
- Client : Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
MSH is a global health nonprofit organization whose objectives are to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. They work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Working with governments, donors, nongovernmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, lung and heart diseases.
SCOPE OF ASSIGNMENT
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) program to build leadership and accountability in the Nigerian health sector (PLAN Health) in order to provide technical and programmatic assistance to Akwa Ibom state government on the roll out of community-based health insurance enrolled Centrifuge Information Technology Limited to develop
1.web-based management application to improve enrollment and authentication system which will also be able to monitor and evaluate the CBHI project.
ACTIVITIES for CBHI DATABASE APPLICATION
- Develop a data management application that takes into consideration the various data management and reporting needs of the CBHI program
- Design and integrate the CBHI indicator module
- Develop a native and web application with mobile version for each of the application type
- Develop and incorporate a bi-directional synchronization of data to an online repository
- Develop a data management standard operating procedure that will guide operators of the database developed
- Develop training guides that will be used to train application administrators and users
- Configure and deploy the application in the cloud (cloud hosting)
DELIVERABLES for DATABASE APPLICATION
A web-based data management application that provides;
- Information on the enrollment and re-enrollment rate of clients on the CBHI program
- Unique identifiers, biometrics and photos for all clients enrolled on the CBHI progam
- Design Business Intelligence Dashboard from data submitted from CBHI indicators
- Develop application suite
- End user application manual and administrator installation guide
- Provide technical support for 3 months after go-live date on the application
- Detailed report of the consultancy
2. Develop an mHealth application for PLAN Health Client satisfaction survey through participatory process
ACTIVITIES FOR mHEALTH APPLICATION
- Select the most suitable platform for which the mhealth survey solution will be built on
- Deploy the solution to include a central database and electronic forms. Role based rights and access to be made available to PLAN Health team to enable data quality checks, analysis and reporting.
- Carry out prototyping and usability testing of the solution
- Integrate the solution to the survey process
- Train data collectors and survey team to use the solution for survey management
- Write a report on the entire process
The Solution also would have the ability to;
- Work offline to cater for the process in times of in-availability of mobile or data network
- Save each case locally on the mobile device using a predetermined naming convention
- Store a minimum of 6,000 cases that can be dis-aggregated by variables that include (but not limited to); state or location of survey, sex of respondents and health facilities that the survey was conducted in.
- Allow for role based services
- Allow the exportation of the entire database in whole or part.
DELIVERABLES for mHEALTH APPLICATION
- A fully deployed and functional mHealth solution for survey data management
- Reports of the entire process including solution design, integration and training mHealth solution operations guidelines
- Conduct training for Akwa Ibom CBHI staff
- Conduct training for MSH IT staff and PLAN Health key staff on the applications
Akwa Ibom state and MSH Abuja office